Our expertise in employment law and workplace relations is founded on an appreciation of the priorities and interests of both employees and employers.
We have a comprehensive understanding of what is relevant and what is fair in employment relationships.
The aim of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) is to ‘provide a balanced framework for cooperative and productive workplace relations that promotes national economic prosperity and social inclusion for all Australians’.
We help employers and employees to create and maintain fair work places within this framework by providing advice and assistance.
Help for Employers
For employers, creating a safe and productive workplace while keeping up with applicable rules and regulations is a daunting task. We help employers of all sizes do both by evaluating current employment agreements, guidelines and systems to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. We also make general recommendations for improvement and offer advice to address particular areas of concern.
Help for Employees
As an employee, you have certain rights, responsibilities and protections under the Commonwealth Fair Works Laws, or, for state or local government workers, the Queensland employment laws. Our team will make sure your rights and entitlements are protected and you are treated fairly and with respect.
WE CAN ASSIST WITH:
- Agreement Negotiation and Formation
- Individual Contracts and Flexibility Arrangements
- Collective Bargaining and Enterprise Agreements
- Modern Awards and other Industrial Instruments
- Managing Employee Performance
- Termination of Employment (including Redundancy issues)
- Unpaid Employment Entitlements
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Workplace Bullying
- Unfair Dismissal and unlawful dismissal or discrimination
- Adverse Action and Breaches of the General Protections contained in the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Labour hire licensing
- Responding to Enforcement Investigations and Prosecutions