Vicki joined the firm in 1974 articled to the founder of the firm, Robert South. She was admitted as a solicitor in 1979 and became a partner of the firm the same year.
Schooling for Vicki commenced by correspondence when she lived on her parents’ cattle property in the Bauhinia Downs district, before attending the Range College in Rockhampton.
Vicki has an extensive family law practice in which she is committed to resolving family disputes in a timely and dignified manner and in most cases without resorting to court process.
Having a rural background, Vicki understands the needs and problems faced by her large rural clientele, not only in family law issues but also in property transactions, estate and rural based litigation and succession planning.
Vicki’s qualifications and peer recognition are:
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Queensland.
- Accredited Family Law Specialist.
- Nationally Accredited Mediator engaged by other lawyers to assist their clients resolve disputes without the expense and delay involved in court proceedings.
- Past President of Central Queensland Law Association.
- Past Committee member of the Queensland Law Society (QLS) Inaugural Specialist Committee, the QLS Ethics Committee, the QLS Family Law Committee and the QLS Family Law Specialist Accreditation Committee.
- Current Senior Counsellor appointed to assist other lawyers on ethical and professional issues.
- Recipient in 2014 of the Agnes McWhinney Award by the Queensland Law Society for outstanding professional and community contribution by a female lawyer.
- Recipient in 2016 of the Travis Lindenmayer prize for ‘integrity, intellect and industry’ in Family Law awarded by the Family Law Practitioners Association, Queensland. The Honourable Travis Lindenmayer served as a Judge of the Family Court for 26 years.
- Member of the Family Law Practitioners Association, Queensland
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
Vicki has a special interest in and practices in the following areas:
Outside the law, Vicki’s interests centre on her family and her lifelong interest in horses.